Today it’s Babysensory. The only baby class which The Boy gets to go to- being the second child. The Girl went to several in an effort to keep the ‘new-mum-me’ sane but now I take The Boy to just one – to alleviate the guilt of always partially neglecting him- this is his one hour of intense attention.
So the class is great but it is full of yummy mummies, the ones with their toned tummies, full face of make up, freshly washed hair and designer clothes. Needless to say I don’t really fit in with the particular aesthetics of this group, tucking my mum tum in to my Sainsbury’s jeans, on a good day I manage to wear a little mascara and because the class is at 9.30am my hair remains very much unwashed again today. So in an effort to make my sleep deprived self feel better in attending this class, I crack out the dry shampoo and then delve around in my make up draw to find some hairspray. I tip my head upside down and spray freely- confident can work the ‘just got out of bed look’.
Only to realise it wasn’t hair spray, it was Phil’s antiperspirant.
So not only do I look rough with lank and greasy hair, but I now smell like a man.
Watch out everyone- yummy mummy coming through…
I am Helen, although more commonly known as “Mum" or "Doc".
I have a couple of other roles along side of this.
- I’m a a wife, to another junior doctor (yawn) - who specialises in willies and wee.
- A daughter to a Yorkshire man and a Scottish lady, an undeniably great combo resulting an ability to be super frugal drunk.
- A sister to two older brothers therefore the victim of years of 'character building' experiences.
- A northerner who travelled down to the midlands for uni and never quite made it back. Yet.
- A friend, to some, for over 25 years, and still can’t shake them off; at this stage they know too much.
- An aunty to two boisterous nephews residing stateside, and a local niece.
- A daughter- and sister-in-law; having lacked sisters growing up I'm now lucky enough to have acquired 4.
- A neighbour to The Deputy, The General and their wives, amongst other retirees.
- A slimmer and a swimmer, albeit neither particularly successfully just now.
- A gardener, chef, cleaner, washing machine operator, carrier bag collector, and now after much persuasion (borderline bullying) and a 30 quid investment, a keen blogger!
View all posts by motherinthehouse