Pre school run this morning. First time in two weeks.
The Girl: Mummy, I feel a bit sad.
Me: That’s a shame, why?
We have just established how very excited she is to see everyone at preschool and she has rehearsed saying “Happy new year” for an entire 10 minutes…
Me: Will you miss me?
The Girl: We have had a lot of time together over the holidays.
Me: Yes so it will be sad to be apart again?
The Girl: Mummy…it was a lot of time.
I know, I know, it was indeed a lot of time…
I am Helen, although more commonly known as “Mum" or "Doc".
I have a couple of other roles along side of this.
- I’m a a wife, to another junior doctor (yawn) - who specialises in willies and wee.
- A daughter to a Yorkshire man and a Scottish lady, an undeniably great combo resulting an ability to be super frugal drunk.
- A sister to two older brothers therefore the victim of years of 'character building' experiences.
- A northerner who travelled down to the midlands for uni and never quite made it back. Yet.
- A friend, to some, for over 25 years, and still can’t shake them off; at this stage they know too much.
- An aunty to two boisterous nephews residing stateside, and a local niece.
- A daughter- and sister-in-law; having lacked sisters growing up I'm now lucky enough to have acquired 4.
- A neighbour to The Deputy, The General and their wives, amongst other retirees.
- A slimmer and a swimmer, albeit neither particularly successfully just now.
- A gardener, chef, cleaner, washing machine operator, carrier bag collector, and now after much persuasion (borderline bullying) and a 30 quid investment, a keen blogger!
View all posts by motherinthehouse